Home Life - Bathroom
Bathroom: Your daily routines in the bathroom have the potential to consume the most water of all activities throughout the day. By consciously using water in the bathroom you can help to conserve Georgia’s water resources.
1. Work to keep your shower time to 5 minutes or less.
- The average shower head uses 2.5 gallons of water per minute. If every student reduced their shower by 2 minutes it would save 110,000 gallons of water per day.
- Did you know that taking a bath uses about 70 gallons of water?
2. Turn off the water when not in use.
- Turn off the water while you brush your teeth or shave.
3. Help prevent water drips and leaks.
- If your faucet or shower head appears to leak send in a maintenance request through Tech housing or notify your building/landlord.
- Did you know that a leaky faucet that drips once per second can waste up to 8.2 gallons of water per day?