WORK GREEN – AN INTRODUCTION
Georgia Tech’s Work Green is a certification program designed to recognize and celebrate staff and faculty who have taken the lead in promoting sustainable practices in the workplace. The certification process requires staff and faculty to report the sustainable practices used in their office in the areas of energy and water efficiency, waste management, engagement, safe and healthy environments, purchasing, transportation, and innovation. By participating in Work Green, offices:
- Positively contribute to Georgia Tech’s leadership in sustainability;
- Support Georgia Tech in achieving its sustainability goals; and
- Are recognized as leaders in the Georgia Tech community.
There are three levels of certification recognizing commitment to sustainability in the office.
- Striving for Work Green: Less than 50% of Sustainable Practices were implemented.
- Certified Work Green: 50-74% of Sustainable Practices were implemented.
- Certified Gold Work Green: 75 -100% of Sustainable Practices were implemented.